Candle Causes Fire Outbreak In Sapele, Razes Siblings To Death
Children between the ages of eight, ten and twelve have lost their lives in a mysterious fire that happened opposite food land in Sapele, Sapele Local Government Area of Delta State.
It was also reported that the fire which happened on Sunday engulfed and roasted the children before men of the fire services came to their rescue.
Details as to what caused the fire remain sketchy as property worth several millions of Naira were also destroyed.
However, an eyewitness who craved anonymity said the fire was caused by a candle light which was on when the children were asleep, with their mother, a food vendor away at Freedom palace at Akintola road doing businesses.
When contacted for comments, the Delta State Commissioner of Police, CP Adeyinka Adeleke confirmed the report in a text message to daily post correspondent.