At least five COVID-19 patients have been burned to death after a fire broke out at an intensive care unit (ICU) of a hospital in Vyborg district of St. Petersburg in Russia.
The incident which happened at St. George City Hospital started when fire broke out from a short-circuit in a ventilator.
According to Russian news outlets, all five victims were connected to ventilators at the time of the incident.
The country’s Ministry of Emergency Services said that about 150 patients and staff were evacuated from the hospital.
He, However, didn’t give definite figures for those injured.
“Preliminary inquiries revealed that an electric equipment malfunction and short-circuit failure were among the factors behind the fire,” ministry of emergency services reported. Russia is the third country with most COVID-19 cases globally.
Russia as at the time of filing this report has more than 221,340 cases and 2,009 deaths.
Latest entries from the author
- Health2020.12.31COVID-19 Vaccine: WHO Grants Emergency Approval For Pfizer-BioNTech
- Health2020.12.29476 Health Workers Contract COVID-19 In Abuja
- Health2020.12.10Sanwo-Olu Approves Free Healthcare For 50,000 Orphans, Elderly, Vulnerable
- News2020.11.26GIFSHIP: FG Launches New Health Insurance Scheme For Nigerians