The Nsikak Ekam led administration of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP), Nigeria Chapter has officially come to an end.
Recall that the association recently elected new executives led by Mercy Irefo to manage its affairs for the 2020/2021 administrative year, effective July 04, 2020.
In a farewell speech seen by HSENations, the former President thanked the members and executives of the association for their support throughout his tenure.
While admonishing members to support the new leadership, Ekam also called on members to offer resources that will deepen each others’ knowledge in nontraditional areas that will make them have fulfilling carriers, to be relevant and appreciated by the society.
“Our chapter is a stronger one today with potentials for more improvement.2019/2020 Extended Executives can only be remembered for the legacy left behind. Sustenance and more accomplishment is our collective responsibility.”, He added.
According to Ekam, the administration through the support of other executives achieved 9 major accomplishments. They include;
• First and only country to successfully host physical attendance PDC during COVID-19 pandemic
• First Nigerian Director in ASSP and for Region IV – Engineer Kamil Abiodun
• First PDC to be held without cooperate sponsorship
• First ASSP Global training outside Lagos at Abuja – Process Safety Management
• Held first virtual election in Nigeria
• Advanced creating second student section at Uniuyo of ASSP NG. Currently awaiting Global ASSP approval and issuing certificate of recognition
• Held first virtual monthly meeting, transition meetings and handover ceremony to new chapter executive come July 04, 2020
• Increased print media visibility
• Participated in several radio discussion panel and programs at Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna and Akwa Ibom State.
He further urged members to be prepared to take sacrifices that will aid growth of ASSP Nigeria Chapter and young emerging Safety professionals.
Details about the news appointed ASSP Nigeria Chapter President coming soon.
- Tolulope Aina is an Health and Safety Journalist, Digital Media Savvy, PR/Brand & Marketing Communications Specialist, Mediapreneur and Lawyer.