Element of safety and advantages of its usage in safety industries
Different industries have various elements that sets guidelines towards what is acceptable and what is not , likewise in Health , safety and Environment industries there are elements that ensure that control measures are been put into place to solves safety issues at all time .
Today we will be discussing five element of safety and how they help the HSE industry to grow better in respective to safety.
Before you expect certain duty and performances from Employees, training and management must have been put into place to ensure they are accountable and also complement their efforts .
Below are five element of safety
– Employees Training and Empowerment
– Hazard Identification and control system
-Focus on Compliance
– Leadership and organization programmes
– Continuous Improvement.
1. Employee’s Training and Empowerment
Educating and Empowerment of Employees is very important in safety industries. Accountability and Implementation of the right measures is dependent on this. Before you can expect an employee to follow the best way to practice their job, then some level of training must have been taught to them either through seminar or face to face training by a professional.
While accountability is very important, implementations is also important as it helps the employee put a stop to a certain duty once it is becoming too risky to continue.
2. Hazard Identification and control system
Once training is done, it becomes very easy to identify situation that poses threat to safety of the organization.
All hazard may not be eliminated but at least they can be controlled once the employees have the knowledge of what to do and what not to do.
3. Focus on Compliance
Every organization that aims toward providing the best of service should focus on compliance at all time .
Compliance come with the ability to put situation into check almost immediately and this will avoid any sort of damages that can occur at anytime.
4. Leadership and organization programmes
For safety to be attainable, worker must be put through situation that shows why safety is important for them and their immediate environment. A very honest , consistent and leader with good communication skills must be available to ensure these things are been taught through his actions while on the plant .
The leader’s attitude toward work and things that concerns workplace should be of high attainable standard, also the use of incentive can help boost the morale of the staffs towards acting better.
5. Continuous Improvement
Safety measures should not be something that is done once and forgotten. To get a good and remarkable result, it must be continuos, hold meetings and training.
Train new workers, inform and take them through the guideline of how things is been done before resumption of work, this will help everyone to understand that there is a standard .
- Temi Badmus is a Food scientist and an Art enthusiast. Her desire is to give a listening ear to people and to give an opportunity for everyone to be heard. She's a humorous and controversial writer, who believes all form of writing is audible if its done well. Temi Badmus is research oriented, dog lover; she is currently a mum to two brutal Jack Russell terrier male and female - "Cash" and the female is yet to be named . 🐕 The future is female... The future is Productive
Latest entries from the author
- Safety Processes2021.08.02Constructive Feedback and its effect on a worker’s productivity
- Personal Safety2021.07.30Leadership behavior that reduces injuries in the workplace
- Safety Processes2021.07.29Ways safety professionals can improve productivity
- Environmental Safety2021.07.28Ways Economic growth affects environmental safety