Police Barricades Eko bridge, shoot and teargas at Protesters in Ojota
Police Barricades Eko bridge, shoot teargas at Protesters in Ojota
Security operatives have barricaded the Gani Fawehinmi Park in Ojota, Lagos State, where some residents planned to protest.
According to Daily Trust, an Armoured Personnel Carrier is stationed at the entrance of the park while armed officers have mounted strategic places around the place.
The every-busy Ikorodu road is deserted as traders have closed shops while a few vehicles are on the road.
Most residents have chosen to stay indoors, apparently to prevent being caught in any clash between security operatives and protesters.
Citing the rising insecurity and economic hardship, protesters had fixed June 12, Nigeria’s Democracy Day, for the protest.
But the police have repeatedly warned that protest would not be allowed in any part of the state.
Popularly known as Freedom Park, the Gani Fawehinmi Park was where the massive Occupy Nigeria protest held in 2012. It shook the government of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan. Meanwhile, there is normalcy in most parts of Lagos State.
- Temi Badmus is a Food scientist and an Art enthusiast. Her desire is to give a listening ear to people and to give an opportunity for everyone to be heard. She's a humorous and controversial writer, who believes all form of writing is audible if its done well. Temi Badmus is research oriented, dog lover; she is currently a mum to two brutal Jack Russell terrier male and female - "Cash" and the female is yet to be named . 🐕 The future is female... The future is Productive
Latest entries from the author
- Safety Processes2021.08.02Constructive Feedback and its effect on a worker’s productivity
- Personal Safety2021.07.30Leadership behavior that reduces injuries in the workplace
- Safety Processes2021.07.29Ways safety professionals can improve productivity
- Environmental Safety2021.07.28Ways Economic growth affects environmental safety